An experienced Web developer required for one of the UK's leading independent insurance intermediaries based in quality and modern offices in Tolworth, Surrey.
Our client has over 40 years’ experience providing a wide range of quality insurance cover at very competitive prices and due to growth, they now have a great opportunity for a pro-active and enthusiastic Web Developer looking for their next challenge, in this newly created role.
As a Java Web Developer, you will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying their websites, from layout to function, front end to back end. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. You will work with their in-house SEO/Marketing team to further optimise their websites with a goal to drive customer traffic through google to their sites and ultimately request quotes through their platform.
You will be reporting directly to the IT Manager as your day to day line Manager, working alongside your colleagues within the IT Team and presenting SEO/PPC results to the IT Manager and Business Directors.
As the in-house Web Developer your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and Developing their brand of WordPress based websites.
• Installation and Maintenance of hosted websites.
• Transitioning their websites from a third-party web development company to their own in house hosted servers and IT team.
• You will be responsible for looking after the firms Java based web quoting and purchasing systems.
• Working within the IT Team, alongside the Marketing & SEO executives to optimise the onsite SEO for all websites.
• Communicating changes, strategy and results to the IT Manager and Business Directors
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following skills and qualifications:
• Deep understanding and experience with the JAVA 8 J2EE programming language.
• Java Frameworks - Spring & Hibernate, Database access via JDBC
• Testing Frameworks – Junit & Mockito
• Strong understanding and experience with WordPress website administration, installation and plugins
• Functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, XML, XPath)
• Functional knowledge or hands on experience with MySQL/MSSQL queries, creation and manipulation of Databases.
• Functional knowledge or hands on experience with Amazon AWS Cloud Hosting & Linux Web Hosting servers
• Website Hosting platforms & practices, setup & installation of websites. – Apache Tomcat
• Version Control practices – GIT
• Web User Interface Design (UI) & Cross-browser compatibility
• Bootstrap or Responsive web development
• Multimedia Content Development
• Photo and publication editing skills, such as Photoshop, etc.
On offer is a salary of £40-45,000, depending on skills and experience.
Office hours are Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5.30pm
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Kieran Boyle at CKB Recruitment - General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment
Location: Tolworth | Salary: £40000 - £45000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 02/01/2019